Friday, March 18, 2011

New Book!


(Haldo again, by the way.)

This is the newest edition to our Viking library. 
Medieval Garments Reconstructed- Norse Clothing Patterns


We're a pretty silly lot, but always interested in learning about more authentic Viking history and culture. This book is a treasure trove for sure. Patterns are based on recreations of extant garments. There are several tunics and hoods that I can't wait to try out. It also gives some great background on fabrics and technique.


First, though, I'd like to give this viking apron pattern a go. I just bought some turtle brooches at Tomas The Lapidary's FlaRf tent, and I need something to wear them on. With my braids and a getup like this, I think I'll look much more Wagnerian. Just need to find some fabric and decide on a color!


Safe sailing,
Hilde Yarnsen

No comments:

Post a Comment