Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Successful Faire Season!

Haldo!

My name is Hilde, and if you've met me or my family, you'll remember me as the viking who carries a giant spoon. You probably ran into us at the Florida Renaissance Festival in the past month. My plunder ( a group of vikings is a plunder, like a group of crows is a murder) is pretty new to the festival circuit, but the last few weeks have been a great adventure. We've heard a lot of great music and got some great photos, mostly courtesy of the fabulous Starwind Evensong (she's a more established viking, and helping show us the ropes). You can check out some of our recent travels at our facebook page, facebook.com/sfyarnvikings.

The Festival may be over for another year, but the vikings still have plenty on plates- and in our tankards. We've got an art show coming up April 23 (calling all artists and crafters who want to lend a hand!) and we're working on starting up an etsy store to sell some of our wares. Keep an eye on us this year- we hope to vend at Camelot Days in the fall, and we'll be posting about our progress in tent-making, wardrobe-building, and weapon-smithing all summer.

Let's spin some yarns together!
--Hilde

1 comment:

  1. Hailsa, Hilde! Thanks for mentioning me - but I must say it was my delight and pleasure to meet and spend time with the fantastic SF Yarn Vikings! Love you guys!

    -Star

    ReplyDelete